Pages

October 15, 2009

Anger Control

All About Anger Control

When most people think about anger control problems, they picture out and out violence. In reality, however, anger control is more complicated than this. It encompasses every kind of impulse control anger problem imaginable, from the most horrific acts of rage to much more benign actions. Learning how to control anger doesn't just mean learning how to not raise your fists against the people close to you when something irritates you. It can mean learning how to not allow your internal frustrations to boil over, sabotaging you and ruining your day. Abusive parents and spouses aren't the only people who need to work on anger issues sometimes. Angry children Are every bit as big of a problem in modern society.

Learning how to control anger is a difficult process, and it varies from person to person. The first step in anger control is really identifying the issue that makes you angry. I used to have a lot of problems with workplace anger myself, but in my personal life, I was rarely angry at anyone. This led me to wrongly conclude that I had no problem with controlling anger, but that wasn't the case. It was simply that only a certain kind of situation would set me off. Many anger control issues are like this, and they can't really be solved until you identify what triggers you.

From there, anger control treatments vary. Some people recommend hypnosis to control anger. This is a relatively new treatment, but some clinics have reported considerable success with it. In my case, however, I used much more traditional techniques. Methods of controlling anger are often pretty straightforward and logical. After you figure out what is triggering your anger, you figure out why it is triggering it. The reason could be psychological � you might hold some resentment against someone that stems from previous experiences in your life � or it could be something else. In my case, I simply had an infuriating coworker who would always undermined me. It was not a matter of my own psychology, but of learning how to mediate my own reactions.

That is always the final step in anger control. Once you no what is setting you off and know why it is setting you off, you have to learn how to stop it. Sometimes, counting to 10, taking a deep breath, or walking away is enough. Other times, more sophisticated methods have to be used. Learning to talk things out, recognize when something is triggering you, and finding healthy outlets for aggression are all important strategies.

No comments:

Post a Comment